Although it sounds like an understatement, President Obama is in trouble, and continues to go from bad to worse. It’s like the old commercial “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.”
Nile Gardiner, a Washington-based foreign affairs analyst and political commentator, calls it a “stunning decline” and has offered 10 reasons why President Obama is in trouble. I commend the article to you for the rationale behind each choice. For now, here is the list:
1. The Obama presidency is out of touch with the American people
2. Most Americans don’t have confidence in the president’s leadership
3. Obama fails to inspire
4. The United States is drowning in debt
5. Obama’s Big Government message is falling flat
6. Obama’s support for socialised health care is a huge political mistake
7. Obama’s handling of the Gulf oil spill has been weak-kneed and indecisive
8. US foreign policy is an embarrassing mess under the Obama administration
9. President Obama is muddled and confused on national security
10. Obama doesn’t believe in American greatness
They sound like a Blinding Flash of the Obvious (BFO). In the Gulf and in foreign affairs, he makes Bush look proactive and skillful. He supports projects most Americans oppose – people may want a solution to the problem, just not his solution. He bows to third world leaders, blows off the boy scouts, and is on constant vacation at taxpayer expense.
Mr Gardiner sums it up calling it “a distinctly Titanic-like feel to the Obama presidency”. I agree.